Whitehall Lane was founded in 1979 but the site’s history dates back two centuries. In the mid 1800's, Napa Valley settlers were drawn to its deep, loamy soils and ideal climate, planting high quality grape vines at the Whitehall Lane Winery site. In 1979, two brothers started the winery and directed their winemaking efforts successfully to Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon. They named the winery after the road that runs along the south border of the property, Whitehall Lane. In 1993, the Leonardini Family of San Francisco took control of the Whitehall Lane estate. They updated the winemaking, instituted a new barrel-aging program and continued sourcing the finest vineyards. They started with one vineyard and now own seven prime vineyards that are the cornerstone upon which the wines are made.