The Alessandria family has owned the winery since 1870, with its historic Borolo cellar dating back to the early 19th century. Gian Battista and his family are the current heirs to Fratelli Alessandria, and own all the grapes produced in its vineyards. This allows the family to have a direct relationship with the production, exercising their control over both vineyard and cellar management. The quality and potential of the winery’s grapes come through during the cellaring phase, and the meticulous control ensures the highest quality fermentation. The 12 hectare estate includes the Gramolere, Pisapola, Neirane, and Campasso vineyards, amongst many others.