Castell’in Villa is a medieval hamlet dating back to the 1200’s when it was as community within the Sienese district. The medieval stone tower is the home of Princess Coralia Pignatelli della Leonessa. A delightful chapel situated close to the tower allows one to observe features of medieval structure and works of art. One of these works of art is an impressive bronze crucifix dating back to the first half of the 12th century and now kept temporarily at Castelnuovo Berardenga.
As well as being a country house, winemaking has long been the central focus of Castell’in Villa. The exceptional Castell’in Villa Chianti Classico and Riserva, the "Supertuscan" Santacroce and the typical Tuscan Vin Santo are all produced at Castell’in Villa and our Extra Virgin Olive Oil is also produced here. The estate covers and area of 298 hectares of which 54 hectares are vineyards and 32 hectares are olive groves. There are also crops and woodland, which is a hunting ground for hare, pheasants and wild boar.